Position: Head of Unit, Development Planning Unit
Education & Career: Gained experience from working with Ga West, Weija-Gbawe and Ga South Municipal Assembly
Duty: Leads in monitoring and evaluation of plans, programs and projects of the Municipal Assembly.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Unit exists to perform the following functions:
- Collection and preliminary analysis of data
- Preliminary rationalization and harmonization of development policies
- Implementation of strategies and programmes and preparation of project documentation.
- Identification of bankable project assessment of economic viability of projects and provision of available guidance for their implementation.
- Direction and management of the integrated development planning process and the co-ordination of the implementation of policies, programmes and project by sectorial departments.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive plans (Medium Term Plans, Annual Action Plans) development budget and identification of subject areas for technical details of the plan targets.
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of plans of various section agencies and ensuring the achievement of the plan target
- Co-ordination of donor funded development projects.
To facilitate development processes within Okaikwei North Municipal Assembly through the efficient mobilization and utilization of community resources and to be able to provide all data needs for the formulation of physical, social, economic and environmental policies of the Assembly.