HEALTH: SUCCESSES CHALKED
Remarkable gains continue to be made in the area under review following these activities by the Municipal Health Directorate in the first quarter:
Health Promotion Activities
conducted health sensitization and education on Covid-19 in schools, mosques, churches and market places.
Transport Terminal- 6
conducted a survey on wearing of face masks in all areas visited. The practice of wearing of nose masks was prevalent at the churches and poor at the market centres.
Are you paying your property tax
*conducted launch of World TB day and carried sensitization and screening activities.
* conducted TB/ HIV monitoring to DOT centre and ART units in the municipality.
* conducted home verification/home visits to all TB clients’ home and screened all contacts.
* 2,883 school children in the basic school were screened and ,88 children referred to health facilities on account of several conditions.
*At Achimota V Higher School, 624 were screened
* Mop up activity conducted in he municipality, 112 children were immunized, 273 given Vit.
A supplement and 36 given long lasting insecticide net. A total of 139 adolescents were given iron folic acid supplement.
The strength of the health staff of ONMA and include :
*Dedicated and committed health staff ready and willing to work to achieve results
*Good collaboration with Partners- Ghana Education Service, ONMA and Achimota Hospital.
*Good collaboration with private facilities
* Good collaboration and support from municipal hospital- Achimota Hospital
The municipality is likely to record a good health report with the sterling leadership of its staff who are ready to unearth and diagnose all ailments in the population now and in the foreseeable and distant future.
A few challenges faced by the municipal health is the need for funds to widen their scope of operation and the need for office space.